Skip to main content

This Week's Song: Shooby

I've always been quite a fan of 1950's music and decided to write my own doo-wop composition. The result was "Shooby", which I quite like. There's no deep meaning, just the usual chord structure one would expect in such a song.

My inspiration came straight out of the classic"Great Balls of Fire", as you will no doubt hear from the chorus (I wanted to throw in some good old piano bashing, for effect) along with a little pastiche, to remind you that I wasn't taking myself too seriously.

The lyrics are:

Doop Doop,
Shooby doobee doobee doop doop
Shooby doobee doobee doop doop
Shababadowaa

I love my baby,
So I think maybe,
I'll be so crazy
Tonight.

I'll take her shopping,
I'll take her bopping,
I'll take her rocking,
At the ball tonight.

Chorus:
And when I think of what I've got,
She thinks I must be grand!
And when she looks at what she's got
I think she'll underst-aaa-and!


Doop Doop...

She'll be my darling,
she is so charming,
she'll be my baby tonight.

And when she calls me,
My little baby,
Oh I think maybe it will be tonight!

Chorus

I love my baby...

Once again, this is a home recording, so the quality is not exactly 100%, however I have remastered it somewhat and taken out the noise, so it is pretty clear.

I'd love to hear what you think about it.

Comments

The words are great! Is a there way to hear the song?

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...