Skip to main content

Funny.adj - file under "Serious"

You know how it is. There are some films that you really like and remember as being very funny. You don't see them for ages and then, you watch them again but before you start, worry if you are going to find them funny again.

Or is that just me?

I'll cut to the chase. Today I watched "Blazing Saddles" on DVD. I haven't seen the film for years and sat down thinking that I wouldn't find it that funny. I needn't have feared. I was in fits for much of the movie - and we're not just talking about the farting scene (which, if you haven't seen it in a while is still hysterical).

What I hadn't realised though is that the film has been re-edited for TV and isn't half as funny (i.e. they cut out most of the raunchy lines and substitute cut footage). Thankfully the DVD contains the original print and it's nearly a laugh-a-minute.

Why am I telling you this? Simply because if you're feeling down, please do yourself a favour and put it on. You will feel your sides aching after a while because in short, it is a really really funny movie. Incidentally, the same thing happened to me when I saw The Producers recently.

I guess Mel Brooks' earlier stuff needs some re-evaluating. I can personally vouch that there's no other films that gets me in fits of laughter, throughout the running time.

Who ever said comedy wasn't a serious matter? Go on, you know you feel like a laugh, get the DVD's out and chuckle the night away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...