Skip to main content

The Special Friday Night

This is a momentous occasion in our family's history. Tonight, for the very first time, all six of us will be seated around the table.

Earlier this week, Shira decided that she's had enough of her high chair and wanted to sit at the table. After an exhaustive search of our attic, (and I emphasise the word "exhaustive". It's literally a jungle up there) I located the booster seat.

We've tried getting her to sit on it, but without much luck. I hope that this evening, once we are all sat down, Shira will see that she has no option but to sit on the empty seat. Alternatively, she'll try and sit on one of our laps. If however, we do get her sitting in the seat, it will be a historic event.

In the next blog, I hope to able to report a positive result...

Comments

Shira will LOVE the booster (trying to send positive energy your way! Hope it all works out... I have two play-by-the-rules children... and one rogue froce of evil... so I know how it can go either way! I'm the same parent to all three... but I've starting to put a lot more stock in nature over nurture... at least in these early, stubborn years. Have fun at dinner!

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...