Skip to main content

Coincidence Or What?



I received an email this morning from a jewelry store selling it's wares.

The two bracelets pictured on the advertisement (ignore the top one with the heart and stars) immediately caught my attention because they are Shira's names!

Believe it or not, my youngest daughter's name is "Shira Rivka".

The fact that these are two individual items pictured haphazardly together (unless there are a lot of Shira Rivka's out there)and the advertsisers have chosen to use this name combination is quite extraordinary.

I can definitely hear The Twilight Zone music playing in the background...

Comments

I love Moonlight - just got back from v.k.shun tonight and I'm trying to catch up. Looks like you have some bracelets to buy!

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...