Skip to main content

Iranian Elections - Oy Vey!

I'm trying to think of something positive to say about the results in yesterday's Iranian elections. The problem is that I can't . It is absolute disaster for the Middle East and potentially the rest of the world.

Let's be honest here, you know you're in real trouble when even the criminally one-sided BBC can't say something nice about the new President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. I bet Hamas and Islamic Jihad are are rubbing their hands with glee as are Bin Laden and his cronies, the Syrians, Hizbollah, the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt - this is indeed a worrying day for the rest of us.

The only question that's on my mind this morning is when, not if, Israel will be knocking out their nuclear reactor (assuming it's a feasible operation). This Meshuggenah (i.e. nutter) will no doubt be accellerating the building programme, which only makes things worse.

For the first time, the Europeans will see who they're actually dealing with. This guy is not going to negotiate with the West - and as a result, the bloody Europeans are waking up today, with egg on their faces. I'd love to gloat, but I'm too depressed.

There's not much I can add here, except that right now, the world needs another Purim miracle.

O Lord, you saved us in Persia the last time around. Will you please come to our aid again because we need your help ASAP. You're the only one who can make a difference - humanity is failing all of us yet again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...