Skip to main content

The Cheek Of It

We are currently in dispute with a garage (an authorized dealer who is very well known) regarding work carried out (or not, for that matter) on our previous car. The staff at the garage parked the vehicle in a supermarket car park, opposite the dealership and there it has been sitting/dumped for over a month.

A few days ago, we received a letter from the garage, informing us that we would be charged over £700 for "rental space" in the car park.

Something smelled fishy. How could they charge us for using a public car park?

I have been in touch with the supermarket and established that there is no such agreement in place. In other words, the dealership is trying to rip us off big time. I am now getting the car removed and sold off ASAP.

What is even more galling is the fact that they printed a clause on their invoice, stating that customers are charged "£20 a day for storage". I really feel like writing to Trading Standards to report the company, as I wonder how many poor people have been stung by this blatant lie.

This whole episode truly nauseates me and just helps to confirm in my mind that the lowest entities on this earth are either car salesmen or estate agents - and right now, the former is definitely leading the latter.

Comments

what a bunch of hustler's. That is ridiculous. So even though they pay no one to use that space, they think they can charge you $20 for the one-time inconvenience of having to drive your car across the street? That's nutty!
The Scribbler said…
I wouldn't mind if it were nutty. I think it's just plain old dishonesty.

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...