Skip to main content

The Promise

I'm glad to report that this afternoon, I finally fulfilled a long standing promise I had made to Dana about two-and-a-half years ago.

Cette après-midi, we dined in Kaifeng - the swankiest, priciest and arguably finest Kosher restaurant in the country. The Chinese food really is out of this world, particularly when comparing much of the dross you get in other Kosher restaurants, and it is, I suppose the Jewish equivalent to Hakkasan(a very expensive and highly rated restaurant in London).

My wife's palate knows quality and she made me (or rather, pursuaded me to) promise her, back in the early years of this century, that once I landed a "proper" job, I would take her out to this very eaterie for a meal.

Being a man of my word, I was able to oblige shortly after one o'clock this afternoon. And it was worth the wait too. Shira joined us for good measure, even though she'd been on the "inside" when I had given my word. I won't bore you with the menu except to say one word about the delicacies we ate.....

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

The service was exemplary and it was an absolute pleasure to be waited on hand and foot.

When my first paycheck arrives, I will be able to pay the bill off (only kidding, it wasn't that expensive).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...