Skip to main content

Pssst Wanna Trade Me?

Thanks Kiki for alerting me to this...

I really don't know why or how or what, but according to this
site, you can buy virtual shares in The Teacher's Scribbles and as of May 21, this site is valued at B$2,849.35 which I assume must refer to Blogging Dollars. The outgoing link value is $B737.34 which I find a little disappointing. I thought this site would be worth more.

Some guy called Mike Keith has very kindly been trading my shares, so I am quite grateful to him (I think) and he had a 95.15& growth in May (sounds rather alarming to me - hope he's seen a doctor about that).

I really don't know what I'm talking about (as you've no doubt realised) but the fact that this site is worth nearly 3000 units in any currency, virtual or real does excite me somewhat (unless $1 = 1 million B$ which would mean that this site was involved in Italian style inflation, which is something that I want to have no part of).


p.s. I registered with the site to "claim" my blog. You will no doubt note an addition to the left hand column stating that this site is indeed being listed on the Blogshares sites.

If there are any hot brokers out there, here's a chance to get a piece of the action without losing your shirt (although I still don't quite see the point of the exercise).

Comments

The Scribbler said…
its simply a way of selling virtual shares in individual blogs and treating blogs like companies, where the value is affected by the amount of people visiting/linking to the site.

I think!

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...