All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Monday 6 June 2005

Ten Days

Ten days from now will see me handing in my PGCE files for marking. This is it, folks - I'm into the final stretch.

Today, I was back at uni. We shared our teaching experiences and braced ourselves for the next few days. On Friday, we all will have to give a ten minute presentation to the others in the group, about a subject that we were either very weak in, at the start, or developed skills to teach. It will be filmed (because presenting to your peers isn't nail-biting enough) although only I will see my "performance".

I really can't believe how quickly the time has flown. I know I wrote about this last week, but it still hasn't really hit me. In July, I will find out whether or not I've passed (but I don't think I'm being presumptuous in assuming that I wouldn't have got this far if I was going to fail) and then, I/we will be NQT's.

From next Thursday, I will no longer be a student...I'll be unemployed (for 2 weeks) and thoroughly enjoying my time off. Saying that, on the following Monday, I'll be back at the school, making up the days I missed last Rosh Hashanah etc.
I'll go in for the week and the following Thursday will see me being employed, for the first time in nearly a year - my that does sound good!

But this is all to come. Meanwhile, I have to concentrate on getting my subject file sorted out. It's certainly going to be a busy week.

No comments: