All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Monday 6 June 2005

Paris Oui, Londres Non

Call me a killjoy, but I'm hoping that when the IOC announces it's result, London isn't their choice.

It's not that I'm unpatriotic or anything like that, I just don't feel like being forced to pay yet more on top of my already extortionate council tax bill. I honestly don't see the benefit of hosting the event here.

I might change my mind if:

a) The Tube is significantly improved as a result of preparations
b) I actually develop an interest in the Olympic Games
c) The Olympic Committee actually apologises for the disgraceful way in which they've virtually ignored the relatives of the poor Israelis killed in Munich in 1972.

Since I don't think any of these scenarios will happen, I have no interest whatsoever in the Games being held here. Let the French waste, I mean, use their dosh to reach the stringent requirements demanded by the IOC.

On this occasion - Vive la France!!!

No comments: