Skip to main content

Our Anniversary

Today is our ninth anniversary. Sadly, we are not together on the day (although Dana will be back tonight) but there you go.

The last nine years have been wonderful, not so great and sometimes, plain awful - but here we are, another 365 days down the line, still together. I know that Dana sometimes wonders whether she made the right choice marrying me and I suppose, the thought has crossed my mind, but isn't that what happens in most marriages? Or is it just us?

For me and I would suspect Dana, the greatest result of our union (both physical and metaphorical) has been the gift of four incredible daughters. Whenever I feel a little despondent, I think about how the two of us (and G-d!) were responsible for creating these amazing little girls. Had two other people got together, they wouldn't have existed and the world would very much be a poorer place for it.

Next year will be the first big one - the tenth. Hopefully, things will be a little brighter (i.e. I will have been working for a year) and so we will be able to celebrate in style.

Happy Anniversary Dana.
I'm the luckiest guy in the world.

Comments

I thikn that the people who don't question their choice in mates (EVER), probaly don't think much at all. It's not like marriage is easy all the time!

Happy Day to you both!
The Scribbler said…
Thank you both for your very kind words (on behalf of both of us).

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...