Skip to main content

60 Months

Today was Michal’s 5th birthday, hence the visit to the cinema (at 10 am!) which was followed by lunch in a restaurant (if you can consider hot dogs to be lunch) and a wonderful double birthday party (Shira is two on Wednesday) at home attending by my in-laws and Dana’s brother, sister-in-law and their very cute 14 month old daughter.

Whilst the four of us were at the cinema, Dana ( no doubt ably assisted by Shira) cooked up a wonderful feast of cakes and tarts. Dana really is an amazing cook (and if this doesn’t get her to comment on my blog, I give up).

My little Michali is five years old. I can’t quite believe it’s five years to the day since she popped out in that pool of water and her little screaming head emerged, ready for its first swimming lesson.

Does time fly or what?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...