Skip to main content

Book Of The Month

I have been asked to post this on my blog.


Background

"Oct 4, 2003 - Assaf Staier, 11, of Haifa was one of 21 people killed in a suicide bombing carried out by a female terrorist from Jenin in the Maxim restaurant in Haifa. The Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for the attack.

The blast devastated the restaurant, of joint Jewish-Arab ownership, on Hahagana Boulevard near the southern entrance of the coastal city. It was packed mostly with regular Saturday customers. The bomber, Hanadi Jaradat, a 29-year-old lawyer from Jenin, managed to get past Maxim's security guard before blowing herself up in the middle of the restaurant. The security guard, an Israeli Arab, was killed in the attack, along with three other Israeli Arab employees of the restaurant. The victims included five members of the Almog family from Haifa and five members of the Zer-Aviv family from Kibbutz Yagur. Four children were killed and 60 people were wounded in the bombing.

Three generations of the Almog family had gone to the beach and then went to Maxim for lunch. Assaf Staier was killed along with his grandparents, Ze'ev and Ruth Almog, his uncle Moshe Almog, and his cousin Tomer. Assaf's mother Galit was also wounded in the blast, along with his aunt Orly and two of his cousins.

Assaf Staier was buried in Haifa alongside his grandparents, uncle and cousin. He is survived by his parents, Ofer and Galit, and his brother Omri, 14.

Book Of The Month

The Palestinian Ministry of Culture released its “Book of the Month” today, a
poetry collection honouring suicide bomber Hanadi Jaradat, who murdered 29
Israelis. It was distributed as a special supplement in the daily Al-Ayyam.

Entitled “What Did Hanadi Say?” the collection includes a poem glorifying
Jaradat’s act of suicide terror, calling it “the highest goal”:

“O Hanadi! Shake the earth under the feet of the enemies! Blow it up! Hanadi
said: ‘It is the wedding of Hanadi the day when death as a Martyr for Allah,
becomes the highest goal.’ The poem is dedicated to Jaradat (pictured), called “the Rose of Palestine,” who murdered 29 Jews and Arabs in a suicide bombing in a Haifa restaurant in October 2003.

The poem criticizes the Arab nation for ignoring Jihad:

“Where is the [Arab] nation..? The armies hid, nothing left in the field ... not
the sound of Jihad, all of them, at the moment of decision, surrender, obey the
enemies...”
She complains:
“O Hanadi..! The flag of the nation is not flying in the fields of Jihad.”
The poem ends as Hanadi takes the initiative:
“O Hanadi! Shake the earth under the feet of the enemies! Blow it up! It is the
wedding of Hanadi the day when death as a Martyr for Allah, becomes the highest
goal, that liberates my land.”
[Source: Palestine Media Watch, from Al Ayam, August 22, 2005]"


It would help if you could copy and paste the above text into your own blog to raise awareness of this despicable "book choice" by a department within the Palestinian Authority - the people with whom Israel is expected to negotiate.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Teacher,

Thanks so very much for this post!

It clearly shows us the reality of today's world and the sheer distortion of it modern news sources like television bring about.

A total shame, but luckily for me there is such a thing as RSS and Blogs like yours.

And to respond to a later post I prefer to post this comment anonymous as "just"

ME

(keep the anonymous option as long as you reasonably can, I would say)
Anonymous said…
Oh Just! It was a great comment until you revealed who you were!!!

(and I wonder who wrote this comment?)
I want to... but I would hate to draw any extra attention to such a tribe. Charles Manson achieved many new followers and pen pals once Helter Skelter was released... and damn him for spilling blood in the Beatles' name! Not idolizing over G-D, mind you... but they're a pretty damned good band!

I inclined to ignore it rather than make it even more public. If you want to refute my logic, email me and I will strongly consider posting this text.
The Scribbler said…
Rachael, the Beatles were and ARE the greatest. No competition!
Anonymous said…
700,000 Palestinian refugees were forced to leave their homeland immediately before, and after the war, the lucky moving to different Arab countries the rest to internal camps. This only has bred more conflict resulting in 2 wars. Multiple actions and intifadas (holy wars). Peace in Israel,is long looked for, and is hard to find

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...