Skip to main content

Movie Review: Charlie And The Chocolate Factory

I'm going to cut to the chase - I loved this movie! From the moment the credits rolled, I was totally captivated. Johnny Depp is creepily wonderful as Willy Wonka and the Oompa Loompa's are incredible (all played by the same versatile actor). The sets are magnificent and Christopher Lee adds that extra sparkle. The film is magical as well as funny...and I can't wait for it to come out (legally) on DVD!

Any criticisms I have are minor - such as the ending which doesn't seem very Roald Dahlish...and the absence of the lovely Oompa Loompa song from the Gene Wilder film, that I would have liked to have heard again here. Other than that, I can't fault the film and as a result, I am awarding it my very first top rating. Thats' right - five Claudy's!!

Go see this movie, take your kids and have a great time. I don't think it deserves a PG rating -this being based on the fact that both Michal (5) and Tali (6) thoroughly enjoyed it (Dana has just gone with Dassi).

My Rating

5/5 Wonderful!

Comments

The Scribbler said…
Thank you Sir. I am most honoured and thank you Rachael for recommending my site.

Normal, I have looked at your site and like what I see. I too will add you to my list!

Peace my friend, peace.
I will put that flick on my "to-watch" list! Maybe we'll go tonight!

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...