All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Sunday 31 July 2005

When I Grow Up...

...I don't want to be an astronaut!

Here's the situation. You've got a crew of people up there in space with a damaged shuttle. The last time something like this happened, their predecessors' machine literally disintegrated. I tell you, I really wouldn't like to be amongst those poor souls right now.

In saying that, they are aware of the problem (as opposed to the previous team) and so there's a chance that they can do something to avoid disaster. Can you begin to imagine their feelings as they attempt re-entry? What will be going through their minds? The expression "There but for the grace of G-d go I" comes to mind and I pray that G-d protects them when they come back down, because they're going to seriously need His help in a few days time.

I look forward to having them rejoin us whilst at the same time gasp in disbelief as to why NASA sent these people up without sorting the problem out. Heads are going to roll and well they should.

No comments: