Skip to main content

This Week's Song: Hope

I thought that it would be appropriate to upload this particular song in light of what happened only three days ago on the streets of London. I wrote it back in 1988 and it's still a philosophy that I strongly hold by. You need to have hope in life, otherwise you might as well curl up and wither away.

Hope

When you look at the world
And see your love,
You think of a spell
That's been cast from up above.

You cry to the clouds,
You cry to the sky,
But the distance you can't travel
Makes a tear leave the eyes.

Finding out the truth
Is harder to achieve,

When the dream you wish for
Is one you must believe.

You cry to the sky,
You cry to the sky,
But the distance you can't travcl
Brings the tears to our eyes.

Chorus

Pray with all your heart
Your dreams will come true in time,
For all the hope you need
Is just by your side.

When you look at the world
And cross that stream,
You break that spell,
You find your dream.

You smile at the clouds,
You wink at the sky,
For the distance you have travelled,
Makes the tears leave the eyes.

Chorus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...