Skip to main content

The Employed Teacher

I find it hard to fathom but I'm into my second twenty-four hour period as an employed person. I guess this means that my halycon days as a student are now at an end (hah! I talk as though I'd never been anything else but a student).

I does feel good to be getting some financial remuneration for my hard work, but I can't help but miss the benefits (mostly financial) that I received as a student. I suppose these misplaced loyalties will disappear as soon as I get my first paycheck - thirty agonising days from now) and realise how sweet it feels to be "in the money" once again, although the inevitable depression from realising how much is taken in tax obviously sours the experience.

I shouldn't complain. I finish work in three weeks time and get paid for doing almost nothing over the summer. I guess this is one of the great perks of being a teacher. I can however testify that by mis-September, I'll be so exhausted that the word "summer" will be but a reminiscence of a period "long, long ago".

Comments

Hooray for paychecks!

isn't it r-e-m-u-n-e-r-a-t-i-o-n

I'm only mentioning it because hubby called me out on it recently. I consider myself an excellent speller and was appalled that he was right. I've been misspelling it my whole life and no one told me for 32 years!

But if it was just a typo, you can call me a mean name if you want!
The Scribbler said…
Rachael,

You are absolutely right, it is remuneration and the typo has been duly excised.

As a teacher, I really should be exhibiting a hi levell off speling!

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...