All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Wednesday 20 July 2005

The Sweet Taste of Satisfaction

After eleven months, I am absolutely thrilled to report that I have received my first paycheck! Ladies and Gentlemen, CW is now a paid teacher.

I balked at how much has been taken off (see, I knew the feeling wouldn't last long)in tax and stuff but no matter, I have the payslip in my possession and a rather scary smile on my face. It's official, my student days are over and I am once again a part of the workforce.

I probably won't feel this good again (unless the amounts increase considerably) so I will enjoy the feeling of knowing that next month, I will be getting paid for doing absolutely nothing.

Isn't it great being a teacher around this time of year? (smug expression glued to face).

No comments: