All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Thursday 17 August 2006

The Teacher And The Prime Minister

A few weeks ago, I wrote a letter to Tony Blair, explaining how I, as a Jew and Zionist, really appreciated his unwavering support for Israel. I also noted that he was one of the few world leaders to understand what was really going on in the Middle East.

Today, I received a response from Downing Street, written on 15th August:

“Dear Mr…..,

The Prime Minister has asked me to thank you for your recent letter and to tell you that the views you expressed have been carefully noted.

Yours sincerely,

MD
Direct Communications Office”

I would like to believe that Mr Blair has read my letter and not just passed it on to one of his plebs. At least the letter has been personally signed by MD, so that’s a start!

No comments: