All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Sunday 20 August 2006

My Hajj

I bumped into my English high school teacher this morning on the way to Shul (synagogue) and told him about my forthcoming pilgrimage to Liverpool on Monday. He suggested that I was in fact carrying out my Hajj, a term which I immediately decided to use as a moniker to describe my long awaited trip.

I will therefore be giving all of you guys a rest, whilst I go on my Beatles Hajj, for four days, starting Monday. I expect that it will be a religious experience and will only serve to further cement (if at all possible) my total adoration of the Fab Four and their splendiferous music.

NB: I’ve always had a bit of a soft spot for that teacher, since he coached me to an ‘A’ in my English Literature ‘O’ Level when I was 16. You don’t forget things like that.

No comments: