All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Saturday 26 August 2006

Fab Liverpool 1 - Accommodation

I'm back from what might be one of the most unforgettable weeks of my life. My friend S. and I went up to Liverpool for four days, stayed five and returned to London, with the sights and sounds of the city, stampeding their way through our minds.

Firstly a word of warning. If you are not a Beatles fan, please skip this entry, because it is going to be very, very anorakish. However if you are...

Roll up for the mystery tour....ssstep right this way!

Rather than boring you with a day to day report, I am compartmentalising the different locations. Since there are a considerable number of photographs, I am going to post each section separately.

We stayed in a charming bed and breakfast (B&B) guest house called The Cheriton. This was situated in the beautiful suburb of Caldy, which forms part of Wirral, a picturesque peninsula that sits on the River Mersey and faces Liverpool.

Here are few photos of the Cheriton's magnificent gardens:




The house is run by a lovely couple, Sonja and Gordon Smith who took us under their wings and treated us as though we were members of their very own family. Sonja went out of her way to make our stay pleasurable, from providing maps and guides to pointing out areas of particular beauty and interest. I would strongly recommend this guest house to anyone thinking of visiting the area. If you do go, please tell them that I made the recommendation.

You can find details of the Cheriton Guest House here.

No comments: