All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Sunday 27 August 2006

Fab Liverpool 6 - John and Paul's Homes

Although the coach passed infront of the houses at 251 Menlove Avenue (John's) and 20 Forthlin Road, we only went in as part of the National Trust tour. We did stop outside Paul's house when we took the coach tour, but only went in on the next day.

The custodian of the house picked us up from Speke Hall, a historic country house in the east of the city and took us to both abodes.

The visit to John's house was fascinating and quite moving. We walked around and I spent quite a bit of time in his bedroom, imagining him sitting there with Paul and writing songs like Love Me Do and Please Please Me.

I can honestly tell you that it was a real thrill to find myself in the very same room, at 20 Forthlin Road, where John and Paul wrote such classics as I Saw Her Standing There and When I'm 64.

This was the 12 seater mini-bus we travelled in:


No comments: