All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Sunday 13 August 2006

Movie Review: Monster House (3D)

With producers like Robert Zemeckis and Steven Spielberg, you know that you’re in for something special – and believe me, I wasn’t disappointed.

This is a dazzling, hilarious, creepy and yes, pretty scary movie.

The animation is so good that you wonder if you’re not looking at actual real-life footage. The characterizations, in particular that of Chowder are quite remarkable and the story grips you in a vice (come to think of it, pretty much the same way the house treats it’s visitors…)

I would strongly caution against taking kids to this movie, unless they are older (we’re talking at least aged ten) because it is quite frightening at times (I jumped in my seat at one point), but if you’re up to it, this is wonderfully delicious treat of a movie.

Please do yourself a favour and travel those extra miles/kilometres to see it in 3D, as it well worth the effort.

The Teacher’s Rating

* * * * *
In my opinion, the best animated movie since The Incredibles.

No comments: