All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Wednesday 18 May 2005

I Couldn't Wait Till Monday!

I'm sorry, I know I wrote that I would only upload my songs once a week, but I couldn't wait until Monday to share another composition with you. I wrote Show Me (How) back in 1989 and if you click the "play" button, you will hear a singer called Claudia Van Buren, blessed with a fantastic voice, who delivers a stirling performance, with yours truly providing the piano backing.

Claudia and I met when we used to attend Israeli dancing classes. Being a professional singer, she asked to hear some of my songs and liked this one enough to record it. The recording machinery was primitive (i.e. my cranky cassette deck) and so the sound quality is not the best. However, her truly amazing voice more than overcomes the technical limitations of the medium.

If only I could sing like that!

No comments: