All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Monday 16 May 2005

The Old School

I had the pleasure of spending the day at my kids' school, observing Key Stage 2 lessons in Year 3.

At one point, the teacher even asked me to take over and teach the class about the origins of the expression "raining cats and dogs"! I really enjoyed getting up infront of the class and talking about something that didn't entail carry out a demonstration of the computer!

I made it a point of staying out of my daughters' classes although I couldn't resist looking for them during the lunch break.

All in all, a lovely and illuminating day. Dana was afraid that I might see the school in a bad light, as a result of the experience. If anything, I'm even more impressed than I was before I walked in, not as a parent...but as a teacher.

No comments: