All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Tuesday 3 May 2005

Back to School (Ugh!)

Don't get me wrong. I really do enjoy what I do but I could have done without having to return to school this morning. My hay-fever has abated somewhat, but I feel totally drained and not particularly in the mood to teach.

HOWEVER, I should remember that I'm only here for another four weeks and then it's total pandemonium, as I get everything ready for handing in, to the university. I have decided to work continuously over the next seven weeks or so, to ensure that I don't get the whole panic thing in the last five days.

School hasn't started yet, so I'm enjoying a few precious minutes of calm! Come Friday and I've got an interview, so I have to ensure that I'm in tip-top shape and able to demonstrate the best teaching that I can muster. Who knows, by this time next week, I might be looking forward to starting a new teaching job in September.

Whatever happens, I must remain positive and with that attitude, I can look forward to this new term in the right frame of mind. Truth be told, the students I am teaching have serious exams facing them and so they too won't be that enamoured about coming back today.

All in all, I think I'll be quite happy when today is over!

No comments: