Skip to main content

Welcome To Our New "Home"

It's been nearly a year (on April 20th) since I embarked on this wonderful adventure and I'm delighted to see that I've had so many of you tagging along for the ride.

To be honest, I had become rather fed-up with the AOL site. The templates and choices I was offered on the site were limited to say the least. You needed a magnifying glass to properly view the photos and the fact that I was unable to properly spell-check my work, really bothered me. I mean, for Heaven's sake, what kind of teacher am I, if I keep on making spelling mistakes (I know you noticed, even if you were too kind to mention it).

So here we are, a new blog, a new site and a chance to get some more controversies going! I know the last few entries on the AOL site had you fuming, but it was really great to see you adding your comments and showing me that writing a blog is not always a lonely experience.

It's a new improved recipe people. Let's enjoy ourselves and keep the comments coming!

Onwards and upwards!

Comments

Anonymous said…
FIRST TO COMMENT HERE!! Woohoo!!!

meshaneh makom meshaneh mazal - hope this means you will have only good things from here on in.

(((HUGS)))

Kiki
Just said…
Dear cousin,

Welcome here. It will be a lot easier to post comments here for me.

Blogger is not perfect either, but I like it quite a lot. Do not worry about any spellin errors, this Dutchman will be ahead in the counts for sure..

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...