All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Tuesday 26 April 2005

Meanwhile, On The Bright Side...

The good news is that since the car is dead, it's not worth repairing and so I've taken the sensible step of withdrawing my insurance claim. Net result is that my no-claims-bonus is reinstated. The fact that we don't have a car right now, really shouldn't come into this.

The bad news is that it does. WE DON'T HAVE A CAR!!!

Was that loud enough?

We are on the lookout and hopefully, something will turn up soon.

But not yet.

Saying that, my father-in-law has very very generously loaned us his car for over a week now and that's extraodinarily nice of him to do so (I don't like using the word "nice", but it seemed like an aopportune moment.)

Back at the ranch, I've spent much of the day working on my next assignment (due in Friday afternoon). I'm nowhere near finished but I've come some way since this morning, so I really can't complain. The VDU however, is started to get a little fuzzy, so that's probably a sign for me to give up the ghost for now.

Dana's out with the kids, having a good time. I'm delighted for them all, because the last few days haven't exactly been that thrillling for the little 'uns. At least they are running around and destroying someone else's house. Any parents amongst you, will totally understand this sentiment.

So here I am, on the eve of my first skills test. Numeracy, which is to be nervously taken tomorrow at lunchtime. It's the one I fear the most as I'm abysmal at maths. Thankfully, there is no statute of limitations on how many times I can retake the tests, so I suppose that's a bit of a comfort. What I don't want to do is go to the centre so many times, that the receptionist welcomes me with that "Hello 'x', are you trying once again?" look.

I also have a twilight session at the university tomorrow. I need to take my subject knowledge folder in for a perusal by my lecturer. I don't think he'll be too impressed with what he sees. To be honest, I'll be happy to get it sorted out, once the tests and assignments are out of the way. I'm not sure though that he'll share my work-plan. That's another battle and not one I wish to contemplate too much now.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings.The sun's out, my work's saved and it's not yet evening.

All in all, a satisfying day and you can't that too often.

No comments: