All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Monday 18 April 2005

Life

I think my enthusiastic embrace of the D.B.T method (which I might have invented as a philosophy - watch this space) had less to do with relaxation and more in line with the onset of a mini-bug. I went to bed and woke up with a fever, which is not really the kind of thing I need to get a week before the big P. begins.

Dana's gone to her parent's house to give the car keys to the AA man. He's going to tow our beleaguered car to the garage. I don't know whether we're ever going to drive it again, but that's a story for a different day. Thank G-d I'll be alive to tell it.

Anyway, here I am at home, feeling better, if not a little weak. I've also heard that my cousin Nora has passed away, which has also upset me quite a bit. She'd been ill for so long, that it wasn't such a surprise. I feel that maybe now, she will find the happiness that eluded her for most of her life. She really deserved a better offering than she received thoughout her time here with the rest of us.

Baruch Dayan Emet - blessed be the True Judge.

Life goes on. People are born and others die. Let's make the most out of the time we're allotted and that's the best we can all ask for.

Enough deaths dear Lord, please.

Enough deaths.

No comments: