Skip to main content

Life

I think my enthusiastic embrace of the D.B.T method (which I might have invented as a philosophy - watch this space) had less to do with relaxation and more in line with the onset of a mini-bug. I went to bed and woke up with a fever, which is not really the kind of thing I need to get a week before the big P. begins.

Dana's gone to her parent's house to give the car keys to the AA man. He's going to tow our beleaguered car to the garage. I don't know whether we're ever going to drive it again, but that's a story for a different day. Thank G-d I'll be alive to tell it.

Anyway, here I am at home, feeling better, if not a little weak. I've also heard that my cousin Nora has passed away, which has also upset me quite a bit. She'd been ill for so long, that it wasn't such a surprise. I feel that maybe now, she will find the happiness that eluded her for most of her life. She really deserved a better offering than she received thoughout her time here with the rest of us.

Baruch Dayan Emet - blessed be the True Judge.

Life goes on. People are born and others die. Let's make the most out of the time we're allotted and that's the best we can all ask for.

Enough deaths dear Lord, please.

Enough deaths.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...