All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Thursday 21 April 2005

(Don't) Go Fly a Kite

I've had a really shitty day. First of all, our car is dead and we need to get a new one. This couldn't have come at a worse time.

And then there are the bloody kites.

Whose insane idea was it to fly kites when there's no wind? Oh yes, mine. The kids are bored and Dassi wants to fly her kite for the first time. The fact that it doesn't get out of the house (by the time I've assembled it and she's broken it, there's not much point) really has no bearing on the situation.

Tali, Michal and I go out on this beautiful (and virtually windless) day. Tali has this behemoth of a kite. The only way we can get it into the air is by her running along the street, pulling the string. 1 hour plus later and the kite is pretty tattered, I'm in a foul foul mood and there's still no bloody wind.

I have had an afternoon of kites and I hate them. I hate what they are, I hate their shape and I hate their name.

Yes, I hate kites.

Besides that, everything's rosy. I probably shouldn't be writing with all this anger inside of me, but the truth is that no-one in this house wants to come anyway near, so I guess, I'll have to spew my fury out to the rest of the world.

The fact that I've also been up since 4.30 this morning doesn't help. I'm tired, angry and frustrated.

I hope you've had a better day and week. Since Shabbat, I've had 3 deaths, fever and Pesach looming.

And now kites. Windless, plasticky, pointless kites.

Goodnight.

No comments: