Skip to main content

I'm Two Thirds There

I'm happy to report that I took my other two tests this afternoon and passed both. I don't think I couldn't have faced the fallout had I failed either IT or literacy, or both - given that I teach the former and write blogs utilising the latter.

So I'm two thirds there. The numeracy test still eludes me and I've put a bid in on eBay for a study guide (yup, I'm that desperate). Hopefully, it won't be too long until I re-sit (I suppose it would help if I booked...) but as always, I'll keep you posted.

Other good news - hey, it was a positive day - I've been invited to interview at a school next Friday. They are going to send me a lesson topic to teach and I've been told that I'll be informed as to whether or not I've been successful by the end of the day. This would be a full time job, to start in September (assuming that I pass my numeracy test), so that's good.

I've got another assignment to hand in tomorrow. I've been given an extension as I only broke up from school last week. Not that you're particularly interested, but the task is to write up a Scheme of Work to teach one of my topics. Flummoxed already?

Other good news on the car front. We're this close to getting our new vehicle. Hopefully, we should be driving around in it by this time next week. Then there's the other issue of the garage to sort out. They are charging an unbelievable amount for the pleasure of telling us that the car was unrepairable. Needless to say, no money has passed hands yet. Believe me, this one's going to run and run (as they say in the media).

And that, as they say, is it, for the time being. Pesach is on it's way out, which is not a bad thing. Saying that, this year's event has been pretty pleasant and for once, we haven't starved. Thank the good wife for that. Much as I am getting used to chomping matzah - and I use the word advisedly - I really am looking forward to my pizza and pasta and hot toast with oodles of crunchy peanut butter.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Enough masochism/sadism for now.
Time to get back to work. I've got an assignment to hand in in less than eighteen or so hours and I'm nowhere near finished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...