All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Sunday 10 April 2005

I Need To Get Enthused 2

I don't know if I got so much enthused as became aware of the fact that I had to turn up to school tomorrow with something.

The strange thing I find about lesson planning is that I don't look forward to doing it, but when I start, I really get involved and think about how the students will react to my ideas. Experience has shown me that most of my plans fly out of the window about half way through the lesson.

I finish at the school in about six weeks time and I have to think about my first "real" job in September. Sometimes, I have to remind myself that this is only a short-term placement. It's very easy to get caught up in the maelstrom that is teaching and forget to put things in perspective. I'm going to be planning and giving lessons until the day we break up, next Tuesday. The truth is that most of the kids are already in holiday mode, so this is a bit of a futile exercise!

Nevetherless, I shall plough on, detailed lesson plan in hand, hoping that some of it might get used in the lesson (and I'm only half joking here).

No comments: