All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Sunday 17 April 2005

'Twas The Week Before Passover

Dana and the kids have gone out for the day which leaves me here alone.

Me and the house. The house and I.

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, it's that time again. The week before Passover is upon us and the frantic race to get the house "sorted" has begun in earnest. Do I look forward to spending the day cleaning the house? What do you think?

The one thought that powers me throughout the long day (and we've all been here before) is that most other people I know are doing exactly the same thing and so there's a crumb of reassurance in the idea that we're "all in it together". I know it's not much, but at least it's something.

Dana has just called to tell me that the car's kaput. This looks like the start of a memorable week. After all, we've already had two shock deaths to contend with, the car's in a state as is the house and it's only Sunday morning.

Why do I wish that I could "jump" over this week and the next and emerge tomorrow, at the end of Passover?

No comments: