Skip to main content

'Twas The Week Before Passover

Dana and the kids have gone out for the day which leaves me here alone.

Me and the house. The house and I.

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, it's that time again. The week before Passover is upon us and the frantic race to get the house "sorted" has begun in earnest. Do I look forward to spending the day cleaning the house? What do you think?

The one thought that powers me throughout the long day (and we've all been here before) is that most other people I know are doing exactly the same thing and so there's a crumb of reassurance in the idea that we're "all in it together". I know it's not much, but at least it's something.

Dana has just called to tell me that the car's kaput. This looks like the start of a memorable week. After all, we've already had two shock deaths to contend with, the car's in a state as is the house and it's only Sunday morning.

Why do I wish that I could "jump" over this week and the next and emerge tomorrow, at the end of Passover?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...