Skip to main content

Losing The Plot

I've spent the last two days marking homework that I wanted to give back to one class tomorrow - only to realise that the work I thought I was marking, belonged another class which I took yesterday! The other homework in my possession, which I also thought was due for returning tomorrow, was also earmarked for yesterday's very same lesson.

The class to whom I should be giving marked homework to (i.e. tomorrow morning) meanwhile gave their work in a few weeks ago and I promptly returned it to them unmarked, to use for some classwork. I'd forgotten that I needed to re-collect it.

Confused?

I'm either a terrible teacher or in the process of serously losing the plot. Thank G-d we're on holiday from next Tuesday afternoon. I think the kids, homework and I, need a well earned break from one another.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...