All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Tuesday 24 January 2006

The Songwriter Returns

Now that I’ve got broadband (did I tell you…..oh shut up about it already Teach!) and I’ve found sound more webspace, I will start uploading my songs again. AOL with it’s measly 2mb didn’t afford me the opportunity to upload my songs. This is no longer the case, so I will be uploading a different song each week.

Today’s offering is called “To My Friends” and it is written from the viewpoint of a soldier in the Israel Defense Forces left alone in some G-dforsaken outpost overnight and wishing his/her friends were there to lighten the dark.

To my friends, I dedicate this song to you.To my pals,Who helped me get along.For those times, you helped me wipe away those tears,To my friends,This song is just for you.For those days,You held back all your words,For those nightsOf counsels in the dark.You know I sat,So many nights alone,Without a light,To help me see you.You heard the screams,That broke the chilly air,But yet you held your head up,Sky high.To those friends,The ones who didn't say goodbye,For those friends,I love you for yourselves.For those times,You helped me wipe away the tearsTo my friends,This song is just for you.

No comments: