Skip to main content

Thank You

I want to say a special thank you to everyone who contacted me after reading of my ordeal last week. It was so much easier to have you all find out the story in the same way, without me having to relate it time and again (and therefore avoiding the dangers of embellishment).

I want you to know that I really appreciate your support and care - more than I am able to express verbally.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Let me put in a good word for you at my sister establishment, it would be cool to work with you!! You know i have a good relationshiup with our esteemed Head. Not sure about vacancies but there is always something.

I think you were very brave but quite franlkly - who needs that sort of stuff!!
Anonymous said…
Oh and here is my 16 year old son's (Sam) blog - v v amusing http://my.innerdreams.co.uk/
The Scribbler said…
Thanks Ali, but I'd rather not teach the kids I was glad to see the back of, when they were permanently excluded....and ended up in your school!

And yes, it would be nice to work with you. Maybe you want to come and work in the school I end up in.

Please tell your son that I'm very impressed with his site, particularly the use of a cloud theme. Sam's going to get far!

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...