Skip to main content

The Departed

------------------------------------------NEWSFLASH----------------------------------------

This is probably the least surprising news you've read all week....I've made the decision to leave the school irrespective of whether or not I have a job to go to in September.

Hopefully, I will be able to secure a permanent position, but if I don't, I can always get supply work as there's more than enough going around. The assault was the final straw, even to the extent that I found myself having a nightmare related to it last night. I do want to teach but I'm not prepared to continue working in a school where I feel threatened by some students, whilst extraordinarily dissapointed by others.

Yes, I will always come across troublesome kids, but there's a difference between coping with a challenging child and finding myself trapped in my own classroom with not a single student on side. I don't ever want to feel so alone and vulnerable at work again.

I saw an advertisement online yesterday for a school that I'd like to work at, teaching the same subject. I have already been in touch with the secretary and to be honest, I don't know if I'll even get to interview stage, but whatever happens, I need to be somewhere else after the summer holiday.

Surprised?

I thought not.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good for you.

Popular posts from this blog

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!