All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Saturday 10 March 2007

The Departed

------------------------------------------NEWSFLASH----------------------------------------

This is probably the least surprising news you've read all week....I've made the decision to leave the school irrespective of whether or not I have a job to go to in September.

Hopefully, I will be able to secure a permanent position, but if I don't, I can always get supply work as there's more than enough going around. The assault was the final straw, even to the extent that I found myself having a nightmare related to it last night. I do want to teach but I'm not prepared to continue working in a school where I feel threatened by some students, whilst extraordinarily dissapointed by others.

Yes, I will always come across troublesome kids, but there's a difference between coping with a challenging child and finding myself trapped in my own classroom with not a single student on side. I don't ever want to feel so alone and vulnerable at work again.

I saw an advertisement online yesterday for a school that I'd like to work at, teaching the same subject. I have already been in touch with the secretary and to be honest, I don't know if I'll even get to interview stage, but whatever happens, I need to be somewhere else after the summer holiday.

Surprised?

I thought not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you.