Skip to main content

Denton's Progress

Quite a while ago, I told you about Denton Farmer, my alter-ego, whose work as a Private Investigator had unfortunately landed him in quite a bit of trouble with a mysterious (and relatively leggy) blonde.

I therefore thought it was be high time to update you as to what had transpired since then.

Denton, being the resourceful fellow that he is, finally managed to extracate himself from the said lady. However, things turned for the worst when, last month, Ms X (it is to protect the innocent, you understand) was found lying in a pool of her own blood, revolver in hand, conveniently holding a rather badly spelled suicide note, which police have now assessed to be authentic.

Denton, though understandably shocked, immediately presented himself to said officers and was quickly absolved of any involvement in the act. The "General" (as he prefers to be known) contacted Denton in order to pay his bill whilst, at the same strongly advising him to get out of town as soon as possible - so as to avoid becoming involved in a rather distasteful (and suspecious) probate investigation.

Denton did not hesitate to follow these instructions and got himself a business class seat on a flight to somewhere in the Pacific, from whence he has not yet emerged.

However (if you're still following this), he did email last night and asked me to inform you that if you wish to contact either him or me, you can do so on the newly pressed link, which can be found in the left hand column.

He also wanted me to reassure you that he is currently in the best of health and thoroughly enjoying his long earned break.

The lucky bastard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...