Skip to main content

Intimidated But Not Cowered II

On Friday, the student who had threatened me, turned up to school, having worked out his exclusion. We saw one another and pretended not to, if you know what I mean.

Later on, whilst going to the front office to get patrol for another unruly student, I saw him on the couch in a pretty precarious position. In fact, he looked almost unconscious.

Of course an ambulance was called and a number of strongly suspected that he'd taken or smoked something he shouldn't have All of a sudden, my antipathy towards the child disappeared as I wondered whether I would ever see him again.

It turns out that he'd been having some sort of epileptic fit, unaware that he had this condition. I saw him today, right as rain and cheerfully asked him how he felt. He looked slightly taken aback by my concern, but smiled nevertheless and told me he was OK.

Now I'm feeling somewhat guilty for wanting to have him excluded from my class. I know I shouldn't, but would it be correct to take this course of action, granted his condition? I am aware that there is no connection between the different strands of his being, but what if he misbehaves again and my actions lead to him having a seizure?

Moral dilemma looms large.

Yet again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...