Skip to main content

School's In

They say that all good things must come to an end. Fortunately, I don’t feel that way, granted that I’m going back to work tomorrow.

I know that I’ll rue my enthusiasm and naiveté in a week or so, but, then again, I’m getting pretty tired of being “on holiday”, at home with my wonderful but demanding angels.

A new school year beckons and I really do need to justify the title I've given to this blog!

Comments

The Scribbler said…
Thank you.

You have had a lousy time haven't you?!

Ok, so let's both be positive and think happy thoughts as we stick those false smiles on our faces that we hope will last us at least until the winter break.

Let's sing (somewhat merrily) "we shall overco...o....o...ome"
Pepperpot said…
Good luck for the new term! I am so glad that you are going back to work feeling positive, inspired and excited. I didn't quite make it to that point this summer. But in a very odd way it's good to be back and getting on with it.

Hope you have a good one!
The Scribbler said…
Thanks Pepperpot. I've survived my first day and it is nice to see the rest of the teaching crew. I have to admit that I kissed quite a few women today...all in the line of duty (of course!)

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...