Skip to main content

Keep Praying!

Around this time of year, we Jews pray fervently that the good Lord above provides the thirsty land of Israel with enough rain to make it through the long summer months.

This thought was very much on my mind as I walked into school this morning only to be told that a local water main had burst and as a result, we were to get in touch with the childrens' parents and obtain permission to send them home, as school had to close for the day. Of course, teachers were also asked to leave.

Keeping in mind that the New Year starts this evening, I couldn't think of a more opportune moment for something like this to happen, granted that I've got quite a bit to do in advance of the holiday.

So you see, G-d answers prayers!

Comments

Jodi said…
Wow, I've heard of SNOW days, but never "Water" days!

I think I will pray for THAT!
(har, har)

J.
The Scribbler said…
Its not how you pray, its when !

With your lights story, I would also have added some extra prayers around the time the lights came back on...and waited for them to go off again!!!

You aren't doing anything wrong. Try praying for something bigger, like a burst water pipe...

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...