All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Wednesday 27 September 2006

Music Therapy

The good news is that I am finally getting to teach computing in a room of (working) PC's, but the bad part is that most of the kids I've been teaching over the last two days seem to be as high as kites (and I'm not referring to drug use here).

There must obviously be some sort of hyperactive infection going around the school because the Year 8 and 9 kids have forgotten what they are coming to school for (er, education anyone?).

They are sitting in lessons (I hasten to add that I'm not the only one experiencing this) talking as though there's no tomorrow, answering back and generally demonstrating behaviour that is so off-task, they might as well be climbing the walls.

Then again, the reason might stem in the fact that they were let out early on Monday afternoon as there was an open day for primary school kids...and came in late on Tuesday (missing registration). In other words, their regular routine has been messed up.

Whatever the reason, this school week is turning into the worst I've experienced in quite a while.

Hence my absolute need to relax with my trusty guitar by my side.

Hell, it works for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi teacher.
nice therapy ,i would tell my friends to read it out.thanks
please tell me how i can make my blog like yours attractive,how i can put movies,music,pictures on it.
one more thing yoyr blog is very attractive
bye.
my e mail id is summiii@rediffmail.com
plz tell ok bye

The Scribbler said...

Thank you for your kind words and I'll be in touch.