Skip to main content

Music Therapy

The good news is that I am finally getting to teach computing in a room of (working) PC's, but the bad part is that most of the kids I've been teaching over the last two days seem to be as high as kites (and I'm not referring to drug use here).

There must obviously be some sort of hyperactive infection going around the school because the Year 8 and 9 kids have forgotten what they are coming to school for (er, education anyone?).

They are sitting in lessons (I hasten to add that I'm not the only one experiencing this) talking as though there's no tomorrow, answering back and generally demonstrating behaviour that is so off-task, they might as well be climbing the walls.

Then again, the reason might stem in the fact that they were let out early on Monday afternoon as there was an open day for primary school kids...and came in late on Tuesday (missing registration). In other words, their regular routine has been messed up.

Whatever the reason, this school week is turning into the worst I've experienced in quite a while.

Hence my absolute need to relax with my trusty guitar by my side.

Hell, it works for me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hi teacher.
nice therapy ,i would tell my friends to read it out.thanks
please tell me how i can make my blog like yours attractive,how i can put movies,music,pictures on it.
one more thing yoyr blog is very attractive
bye.
my e mail id is summiii@rediffmail.com
plz tell ok bye
The Scribbler said…
Thank you for your kind words and I'll be in touch.

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...