All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Sunday 24 September 2006

I Blew It

Oh boy did I blow it.

I helped to run the little kiddies Rosh Hashanah service in the shul yesterday and today.

Man oh man, can those Jewish women talk. Non bloody stop!

You see them in shul three times a year (if you’re lucky) and when they get there, they sit with their kids and yap as though there’s no tomorrow.

The hapless people at the front try to run the service but we can’t hear what we’re doing because of the incessant jabbering. Well anyway, today I took the Shofar (Ram’s horn) in and did my thing. I blew it…at one point, to get the parents to shut up! At least the kids seemed to enjoy themselves.

Today’s service was infinitely better than yesterday’s (we didn’t blow the horn yesterday as it was Shabbat) and I think everyone had a good time. I even got a commendation (of sorts) from the rabbi who heard my blow-out attempts.

Then again, at least someone was listening and yes, I am exaggerating.

No comments: