Skip to main content

How Can This Be Happening?

I have just watched (part of) Schindler’s List for the umpteenth time and yet again, I found myself with moist eyes when the actors and the people they are portraying put a stone on Oskar Schindler’s grave.

Except this time, my emotions were inflamed by a feeling of great anger and frustration that, after all we endured during the Second World War, a fascist shit like Hamanejad of Iran can get up there, on the world's stage and claim that the Holocaust "was a myth".

Even worse, he wants to convene a conference to "research the topic of the Holocaust and all its dimensions in the future".

What the hell?

Why is the world standing by and letting him get away with this crap? After everything we have been through, how can a leader of a country actually make such pronouncements – and see his comments go virtually unchallenged? Why isn’t Britain doing something tangible instead of giving some lily-livered response?

Why?

Right now, my blood is boiling.

At least six million human beings, of which, one and a half million children were massacred and this moron comes out with his crap?

G-d I’m so angry.

Comments

Onyx said…
He's a moron and that is why he spouts such crap.


On another note I enjoy reading your blog, and appreciate the spiritual aspects you represent

May G-d bless you in all your endeavors
The Scribbler said…
Thank you for your kind words. I'd like to feel that this gives some food for thought, aside from the usual fluff.

May G-d bless you too!

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...