Skip to main content

250 Reasons To Vote Olmert Out

I would say that by now, on this site, I've pretty much established my political leanings. I'm conservative, right leaning (but not too far, although it's all relative anyway) but ultimately pragmatic.

Carrying this baggage, I really can't understand how Olmert can even consider releasing 250 Palestinian prisoners to help bolster Abbas, when Gilad Shalit and co are sitting/lying in captivity, one year on from that war.

So Olmert frees these people and then what? Does Gilad go back to his family? Do Ehud, Ron et al, go back to theirs? What will we get from this "exchange" (a inaccurate term if ever there was one).

I understand that the prisoners don't have "blood on their hands". Yes, I get it, Olmert. But why not use them as bargaining chips against our boys? Why are you doing the so called decent (but naive) thing when you know that Abbas is no better than Haniyeh, despite the facade he presents as being a moderate - why why why?

You know that Olmert or anyone else involved in this lunacy won't be reading this, but it doesn't stop a nobody like me venting his frustration - especially in respect of the poor parents of Gilad Shalit. Rachmanut.

It is time that Olmert made his first correct decision as Prime Minister of the State of Israel and resigned his post to someone who will have nous to know how to deal effectively with the Palestinians - instead of making idle promises in desert resorts.

I can think of 250 reasons to get rid of Olmert and not one of them would think twice about killing Jews to further their bloodthirsty aims.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...