Skip to main content

The End Of This Line

I've now reached the last day of the last full week of my time at my current school. Hard to believe but in five school days' time, I will be embarking on a brand-new scholastic adventure.

These last two years have certainly never been dull. The experiences that I've racked up must surely count towards something. These haven't been easy times, but I'm grateful that I experienced them at the start, as opposed to the end of my career. I now need to build upon these foundations and strive to be a better teacher.

Ahead lie six weeks of rest, relaxation and recharging. I will try to use the time wisely, finishing off some marking for my current Year 10s and slowly gearing myself up in time the start of the new academic year.

Yesterday, I told my favourite class (the very same Year 10's) that I was leaving and they were genuinely upset. You could have heard a pin drop after I made the announcement. We'd built up a wonderful learning relationship and we were equally sad to be going our respective ways.

I guess that the moments you treasure the most are when you realise that to the kids, you are someone they value and appreciate and you know that you have made a difference to their lives and educational aspirations. I really love that class.

However, I move on and the horizon standing before me is there for the taking.

I'm on the cusp of something new.
Time to inspire some new students.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi. My name is Eugene Gershin. I'd like to welcome you to Obadiah Shoher's blog, Samson Blinded: A Machiavellian Perspective on the Middle East Conflict.

Obadiah is a pen name of a politician. He writes extremely controversial articles about Israel, the Middle East politics, and terrorism.

Obadiah advocates political rationalism instead of moralizing. He is economic liberal and political conservative.

Google refused advertising our site and Amazon deleted reviews of Obadiah's book. Nevertheless, Obadiah’s is the largest Jewish personal blog, read by more than 100,000 people monthly. 210,000 people from 81 countries downloaded Obadiah’s book. The blog was voted the best overall in People’s Choice: Jewish and Israeli blogs Awards, received Webby Honoree and other awards.

Please help us spread Obadiah's message, and mention the blog in one of your posts, or link to us. We would greatly appreciate your comments at www.samsonblinded.org/blog



Best wishes,

Eugene Gershin

Jewrusalem.net – Israeli Uncensored News

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...