All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Friday 13 July 2007

The End Of This Line

I've now reached the last day of the last full week of my time at my current school. Hard to believe but in five school days' time, I will be embarking on a brand-new scholastic adventure.

These last two years have certainly never been dull. The experiences that I've racked up must surely count towards something. These haven't been easy times, but I'm grateful that I experienced them at the start, as opposed to the end of my career. I now need to build upon these foundations and strive to be a better teacher.

Ahead lie six weeks of rest, relaxation and recharging. I will try to use the time wisely, finishing off some marking for my current Year 10s and slowly gearing myself up in time the start of the new academic year.

Yesterday, I told my favourite class (the very same Year 10's) that I was leaving and they were genuinely upset. You could have heard a pin drop after I made the announcement. We'd built up a wonderful learning relationship and we were equally sad to be going our respective ways.

I guess that the moments you treasure the most are when you realise that to the kids, you are someone they value and appreciate and you know that you have made a difference to their lives and educational aspirations. I really love that class.

However, I move on and the horizon standing before me is there for the taking.

I'm on the cusp of something new.
Time to inspire some new students.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. My name is Eugene Gershin. I'd like to welcome you to Obadiah Shoher's blog, Samson Blinded: A Machiavellian Perspective on the Middle East Conflict.

Obadiah is a pen name of a politician. He writes extremely controversial articles about Israel, the Middle East politics, and terrorism.

Obadiah advocates political rationalism instead of moralizing. He is economic liberal and political conservative.

Google refused advertising our site and Amazon deleted reviews of Obadiah's book. Nevertheless, Obadiah’s is the largest Jewish personal blog, read by more than 100,000 people monthly. 210,000 people from 81 countries downloaded Obadiah’s book. The blog was voted the best overall in People’s Choice: Jewish and Israeli blogs Awards, received Webby Honoree and other awards.

Please help us spread Obadiah's message, and mention the blog in one of your posts, or link to us. We would greatly appreciate your comments at www.samsonblinded.org/blog



Best wishes,

Eugene Gershin

Jewrusalem.net – Israeli Uncensored News