Skip to main content

Watch Out!

Tonight, we will start celebrating the festival of Purim when we remember how G-d saved the Jews of ancient Persia from annihilation by the machinations of the evil anti-Semitic Prime Minister – Haman.

It is therefore particularly fitting that this year, we look once again towards the same country, now called Iran and wonder when his latest incarnation, Ahmadnejad will also get his just desserts. This evil individual, who speaks the same foul language as his predecessor (and I’m not referring to Farsi, which is a beautiful tongue) is at the moment, on a crusade (excuse the malapropism) to de-legitimise our nation and country. He will fail in the same manner that befell his predecessors, but he doesn’t know that yet.

The Hagaddah (the book we read at the Passover Seder) tells us that in each generation, someone arises who wishes to destroy us – but the Lord, G-d saves us from this fate. Yes, Hitler did kill 6,000,000 of our brethren, but we’re still here and the ancient empires who also tried to “wipe us off the map” are no longer in existence – please stand up any Babylonians, Greeks or Romans out there – so Mr Ahmadnejad had better take note.

Mess with us and you will end up losing more than an election

On a more positive note, may I wish you all a Happy Purim !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...