Skip to main content

R&R For (Nearly) All

Dana very generously allowed me to go to my parents (read that as “sent me to….”) for some well needed and much appreciated R&R (rest and relaxation) over Shabbat. The result was that I got acres and acres of sleep (I don’t know, can one get an acre of sleep?) and she ended up in bed with the flu (albeit 24 twenty-four hours later).

As you can appreciate, I feel quite guilty that I left her alone with our little angels, only to develop exhaustion and fever. To mitigate things somewhat, Dassi, Tali and I are invited to stay with my parents next week as we will be attending a Sheva Brachot Shabbat lunch in the area. If all goes well, Dana will get her R&R the Shabbat after, when she’ll stay with her parents.

I hasten to add that the kids will get some R&R from me, the week after Dana’s sojourn as I will be recovering from my 19th nervous breakdown.

(and yes, that was a Stones’ reference)

Comments

The Scribbler said…
If you think that's bad, wait till you read my "mellow hour" post!

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...