Skip to main content

Oh ****!

I confiscated a swanky little phone this morning from one of my students.
Unfortunately, she didn’t turn it off before the “hand-over”, so I had to figure out how to do so myself (after the end of the lesson).

Whilst fiddling around looking for the on/off button, I pressed “record video” instead….and soon realised (in a moment of sheer horror) that I had just filmed myself (THREE times!) looking at the lens in sheer exasperation, trying to work how to turn the damn thing off.

Having entered an Everest-like learning curve, I eventually managed to delete the said video files and find the pesky button. Thank G-d those machines don’t have a recycle bin.

I have learned my lesson. Next time, I’ll get the kid to switch off the machine before handing over.

This is truly the stuff of nightmares.

Comments

You're lucky that's all that got recorded. Those little camera-phones (brave new world machines) freak me out. Not that you have anything to hide, but they're still scary!

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...