All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Tuesday 21 March 2006

Testing 1 2 3...4...5...

I went over to that other school today (the one I visited back in January). They are trialling online ICT tests for Year 9s and my school wants to find out how they work.

The first sitting with one class was very interesting and revealing. By the end of the session, I had a good understanding of how to administer the tests, set up the computers etc.

Unfortunately, that was only the first of five (yes, five) classes to take the test. In other words, I had to help invigilate five identical (fifty minute) tests. After the experience, I can honestly state that there is nothing as soporific as walking around a small classroom, looking at thirty computers being used in five different lessons by around a hundred and fifty kids in all – doing exactly the same exercises.

I can’t wait to set up the system in our school, so that I will then have a chance to re-live the experience all over again….and again…..and again….......

No comments: